Problem Solving and Decision Making
Creative thinking for greater efficiency and productivity
2 days program
Today’s leaders in every industry are in the business of problem solving and decision making. Our greatest challenge today is to constantly evaluate and adjust how we manage ourselves, our work, our relationships, and our organizations to maximize their potential. This problem solving training introduces unique, effective approaches to problem solving and decision- making that have proven to be successful in producing improvements in efficiency, performance, and productivity.
Group participation, demonstration, insight, and interaction play key roles in the continued success of problem solving training. Participants will return to the workplace with the knowledge and tools to creatively deal with problems and decisions they may be facing.
Creative Problem Solving Learn the latest ways to generate creative ideas and innovative problem-solving techniques in this enjoyable session. The methods can be applied to a whole range of business situations. Pivotal points include:
– Freeing up creativity in groups– Concrete steps to creative problem-solving– How to generate fresh, new, high-energy ideas
The focus of this robustly creative, stimulating workshop is to give participants actual techniques they can use in their own work to make innovation a powerful tool for problem-solving and growth.
- Significantly enhance your information processing capabilities
- Boost individual and group mental literacy
- Become an intellectual power pack.
MODULE 1 – The Explosive Nature of Thought
- Linear versus lateral versus radiant thinking
- Competition with the best creative brains on the planet!
- Become an intellectual power pack.
MODULE 2 – Planning
- The benefits of good planning
- Understanding what you need to plan
- Planning the work, working the plan
- Making plans, step by step
MODULE 3 – Problem Solving
Strategies for Creative Problem Solving
- Avoiding the pitfalls
- Steps in creative problem solving
- Preparation – Defining the problem
- Generation – Rules for generating ideas
- Incubation – sleep on it
- Evaluation – Analysis and decision making
- Implementation – Planning for action and monitoring.
- Using the SCAMPER approach
MODULE 4 – Brainstorming
- Mind mapping for ideas
- Developing ideas for solutions
- Guiding discussions after the brainstorming
- Narrowing down the idea list
- Voting for winners
MODULE 5 – Decision Making – The Right Choices
- Understanding the decision making process • Deciding in advance when possible
- The unilateral mode Making good decisions
- The unilateral mode with individual inputs
- Prioritizing decisions and forming a plan of action
- Selecting the right decision-making tool for the situation
Jeyaraman Seenivasagam MSP, M.Ed.
A true enthusiast of memory systems and thinking, Jeyaraman has spent the last twelve years traveling around the region, namely Singapore India and Sri Lanka entertaining and training corporations, students and associations to adapt memory systems creative thinking for their particular needs. He has trained more than 21, 000 people ranging from students to top management on memory skills, speed reading, public speaking, creative thinking, study skills, communication skills and sales.
He has shared his ways of thinking creatively and having a trained memory locally and overseas at YMCA, FMM, Jaycees, National Science Centre, UPM and UM, La Farge, International Construction Consortium (Sri Lanka), Speakout International (Singapore), Aptech Computers (India) and many more.
Jeya has served as Vice President of the Malaysian Association of Professional Speakers. He is also a member of the International Federation for Professional Speakers (IFFPS) and the Malaysian Institute of Management. He has earned the Competent Toastmaster award from Toastmasters International where has been a member since 1990 and served on the committee on many terms.
As a speaker he has won several speech and humor competitions including the first South East Asian “Articulate Speech contest”. He uses a hands-on approach in his presentation with lots of examples, anecdotes and real life applications. This enables participants to immediately apply the techniques to improve their efficiency in their work and personal lives.
He gives his topics a fresh perspective with humor keeping his audience awake and attentive. Jeya’s audiences are of diverse creed, color and age groups and he invites you to share this possibility.
Jeya has earned the coveted title of Malaysian Speaking Professional from the Malaysian Association of Professional Speakers and Masters in Education from the University of Rockhampton (US) specializing in Training and Development. He has also a PSMB certified trainer.