Problem Solving and Decision Making
Creative thinking for greater efficiency and productivity
2 days program
Today’s leaders in every industry are in the business of problem solving and decision making. Our greatest challenge today is to constantly evaluate and adjust how we manage ourselves, our work, our relationships, and our organizations to maximize their potential. This problem solving training introduces unique, effective approaches to problem solving and decision- making that have proven to be successful in producing improvements in efficiency, performance, and productivity.
Group participation, demonstration, insight, and interaction play key roles in the continued success of problem solving training. Participants will return to the workplace with the knowledge and tools to creatively deal with problems and decisions they may be facing.
Creative Problem Solving Learn the latest ways to generate creative ideas and innovative problem-solving techniques in this enjoyable session. The methods can be applied to a whole range of business situations. Pivotal points include:
– Freeing up creativity in groups– Concrete steps to creative problem-solving– How to generate fresh, new, high-energy ideas
The focus of this robustly creative, stimulating workshop is to give participants actual techniques they can use in their own work to make innovation a powerful tool for problem-solving and growth.
- Significantly enhance your information processing capabilities
- Boost individual and group mental literacy
- Become an intellectual power pack.
MODULE 1 – The Explosive Nature of Thought
- Linear versus lateral versus radiant thinking
- Competition with the best creative brains on the planet!
- Become an intellectual power pack.
MODULE 2 – Planning
- The benefits of good planning
- Understanding what you need to plan
- Planning the work, working the plan
- Making plans, step by step
MODULE 3 – Problem Solving
Strategies for Creative Problem Solving
- Avoiding the pitfalls
- Steps in creative problem solving
- Preparation – Defining the problem
- Generation – Rules for generating ideas
- Incubation – sleep on it
- Evaluation – Analysis and decision making
- Implementation – Planning for action and monitoring.
- Using the SCAMPER approach
MODULE 4 – Brainstorming
- Mind mapping for ideas
- Developing ideas for solutions
- Guiding discussions after the brainstorming
- Narrowing down the idea list
- Voting for winners
MODULE 5 – Decision Making – The Right Choices
- Understanding the decision making process • Deciding in advance when possible
- The unilateral mode Making good decisions
- The unilateral mode with individual inputs
- Prioritizing decisions and forming a plan of action
- Selecting the right decision-making tool for the situation
Think Buzan Licensed Instructor, PSMB Certified Trainer & Certified NLP Practitioner
Jeyaraman Seenivasagam has been a professional trainer for the last 20 years and his area of expertise is in Creative Thinking, Mind Mapping, Speed Reading, Presentation & Communication skills, Memory and Train the Trainer. Jeyaraman has a versatile background having served in insurance, sales & marketing, teaching, and training and development over 17 years with both local and multinational organisations. He has trained and spoken to m0re than 58,500 people in 8 countries, namely, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, India, Brunei, Cambodia and Maldives. He is highly passionate about human potential and believes that anyone can achieve ‘Peak Performance’ with the right attitude, guidance and knowledge. He strongly believes that every individual is capable of maximizing his or her own potentials and talent to achieve excellence and they should continuously pursue the creative discovery of their abilities.
He is passionate in the area of mental skills and would like to see more people exposed to such skills that can help them bring out their hidden potential. He has had experiences in the teaching and marketing area from the time he started his career in many different facets from insurance to food manufacturing. He has taught more than 58,500 participants skills like low profile selling, mind mapping, creative thinking and problem solving, memory and also speed reading. Jeyaraman utilizes hands-on exercises, role plays and humour to enhance learning that actually stick.
Some of the organizations that have benefitted from Jeya’s expertise are Petronas, Bank Negara Malaysia, Shell Sarawak, Sarawak Energy, Sapura Kencana, Universiti Malaya, United Overseas Bank, Tourism Malaysia, Malaysian Institute of Accountatnts, Institute of Engingeers Malaylsia, Phillips, Siemens, La Farge, International Construction Consortium (Sri Lanka), Aptech Computers (India), Speakout International (Singapore), Mitsui Sumitomo, Askap Gold (Cambodia), Male Airport Authority (Maldives), Overseas Assurance Corporation, Great Eastern Life, Honda Malaysia, Multimedia University (Malacca), National Science Centre, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers, Malaysian Employers’ Federation and Malaysian Airlines.
As a speaker he has won several speech and humor competitions including the first South East Asian “Articulate Speech contest”. He uses a hands-on approach in his presentation with lots of examples, anecdotes and real life applications. This enables participants to immediately apply the techniques to improve their efficiency in their work and personal lives.