As well as providing an excellent foundation in modern business practices, the programme is focused squarely on developing strategies, procedures and environments that maximise innovation and creativity in order to build value and develop competitive advantage.
The programme is aimed at mid to senior managers from all industries that want to go beyond traditional business practices in order to maximise success. It is an ideal opportunity to share ideas, learn best practice, and to build confidence; for all, it is a chance to expand critical thinking, gain confidence and build the competencies needed to succeed.
The interactive nature of the program, with practical workplace application, is designed to generate immediate and positive performance improvement and value creation – whether it is in product development; increased sales / revenues; cost optimization; or productivity. The tools ensure concepts can be immediately applied in the workplace – with quantifiable performance metrics and a measurable return on investment.
The program is delivered by a highly experienced trainer who has delivered many program to blue chip companies in 8 countries over the last 20 years – and therefore know what it takes for an organization to be truly successful in the modern business world.
Participants will develop or be able to:
- Contribute fully to developing a work environment that embraces forward-looking business practices, encourages innovative thinking, & provides a framework that can translate ideas into business success
- Apply the principles of Innovation and innovative thinking more effectively and consistently within their own business environment – focusing their efforts on value creation & developing sustainable competitive advantage.
- Build teams that are more commercially- aware and able to contribute in a proactive manner to the growth and success of the organization.
- Gain skills and drive to turn ideas into business success with more confidence and with a much greater hit-rate than the competition and the ability to create, prioritize and clearly communicate innovative ideas and concepts in a way that will have an immediate and positive effect on the business – built on a systematic approach that is easily understood and consistently implemented by their teams.
- How the brain works – Getting your head together
- Modeling genius
- Left and Right brain co-ordination exercise
- Think About Thinking
Thinking out of the Box
- Creative and Out of the Box Thinking
- The Box defined
- Out of the Box exercises – Individual and group exercises
Creativity & Innovation Tools
- Conditions That Make for Effective Brainstorming
- Use Various Brainstorming Tools for Generating Ideas
- Brainwriting Plus
- Thinking 360
Mind Mapping for Brainstorming
- Brainstorming Guidelines
- How to Mind Map – learn the basic technique of how to construct Mind Maps.
- Practice your Mind Mapping Skills
- Mind Mapping applications
- Capturing Ideas
- Innovation Criteria Grid
- Manage a problem-solving process from beginning to end
- Implement Problem-Solving/Idea-Generation Meetings
The Power of Questions
- Asking the right questions
- Developing an arsenal of right questions
- A systematic approach to developing questions
- The right (and wrong) uses of analysis in ideas generation
Applying Innovation in the workplace and beyond
- Maintaining Innovative Thinking
- Maximizing Value
“One of the best course sessions I’m privileged to have attended.” – Amy Sarah Ahmad Fuad, Senior Manager, SME Corp
“Should be attended by all SKMM staff. Good session.” – Nor Khaireen Khairudin, Asst. Director, HR Dept, SKMM, Cyberjaya
- Practical demonstrations
- Individual mind mapping tasks
- Group mind mapping exercises
- Presentations and discussions
Your Trainer - S. Jeyaraman - Tony Buzan Licensed Instructor
Jeyaraman Seenivasagam has been a professional trainer for the last 20 years and his area of expertise is in Creative Thinking, Mind Mapping, Speed Reading, Presentation & Communication skills, Memory and Train the Trainer. Jeyaraman has a versatile background having served in insurance, sales & marketing, teaching, and training and development over 17 years with both local and multinational organisations. He has trained and spoken to m0re than 58,500 people in 8 countries, namely, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, India, Brunei, Cambodia and Maldives. He is highly passionate about human potential and believes that anyone can achieve ‘Peak Performance’ with the right attitude, guidance and knowledge. He strongly believes that every individual is capable of maximizing his or her own potentials and talent to achieve excellence and they should continuously pursue the creative discovery of their abilities.
He is passionate in the area of mental skills and would like to see more people exposed to such skills that can help them bring out their hidden potential. He has had experiences in the teaching and marketing area from the time he started his career in many different facets from insurance to food manufacturing. He has taught more than 58,500 participants skills like low profile selling, mind mapping, creative thinking and problem solving, memory and also speed reading. Jeyaraman utilizes hands-on exercises, role plays and humour to enhance learning that actually stick.
Some of the organizations that have benefitted from Jeya’s expertise are Petronas, Bank Negara Malaysia, Shell Sarawak, Sarawak Energy, Sapura Kencana, Universiti Malaya, United Overseas Bank, Tourism Malaysia, Malaysian Institute of Accountatnts, Institute of Engingeers Malaylsia, Phillips, Siemens, La Farge, International Construction Consortium (Sri Lanka), Aptech Computers (India), Speakout International (Singapore), Mitsui Sumitomo, Askap Gold (Cambodia), Male Airport Authority (Maldives), Overseas Assurance Corporation, Great Eastern Life, Honda Malaysia, Multimedia University (Malacca), National Science Centre, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers, Malaysian Employers’ Federation and Malaysian Airlines.
As a speaker he has won several speech and humor competitions including the first South East Asian “Articulate Speech contest”. He uses a hands-on approach in his presentation with lots of examples, anecdotes and real life applications. This enables participants to immediately apply the techniques to improve their efficiency in their work and personal lives.